Saturday, May 24, 2014

Random-Too-Lazy-To-Think-Of-Title Post

I eat books. Most of them are pretty trashy, glossy covers don't necessarily mean good stories. But I do have a selection of books that I keep reading over and over again. So what if I know most of the lines, some books just make you want to pick them up again.

My Sister's Keeper

I have no idea why I'm blogging about this book. No idea whatsoever. I just signed up for an account on Goodreads and was adding books that I'm currently reading or have read already. 'My Sister's Keeper' is one book that makes me cry every time I read it. And I've read it countless times.

I won't tell you the story, no spoilers in this post, but maybe I'll say why I love this book to pieces.

It's heart-wrenching. Questioning decisions that our parents make for us is something that I never gave a thought to, but Jodi Picoult made me think what jaded the views of parents when they, unknowingly, did something for one child that might not be exactly beneficial for the other. Ofcourse, the book shows an extreme situation, which makes it all the more interesting, but grind down the main theme to the basics and you'll see the many mistakes parents can make unconsciously. No ones perfect, parents are humans too after all.

Anyhoo... I like this book so much that I wasn't expecting to find unfavorable reviews interspersed between the good ones. But I did. Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment